2020 COACH SUMMIT AND CLINICS
April 18, 2020 – Level 2 Coach Clinic, Fort Collins
May 1-3, 2020 – Annual Spring Coach Summit, Eagle
The Colorado High School Cycling League’s Coaches Summit and Clinics bring together coaches and parent volunteers—both new and experienced—to develop skills and knowledge, share strategies, and build community. These programs provide professional development units (PDU) to obtain a Level 2 Coach licenses and above. The focus is to promote a safe, holistic approach to coaching that creates an environment in which young people can grow and thrive. This is a great opportunity to spend time with peers and get energized for the upcoming season.
Classes cover the nuts and bolts of working with high school student-athletes in the context of a high school mountain bike team and provide the basic knowledge all Coaches should be aware of and incorporate into their program. The NICA coach license program is designed to ensure that all coaches are sufficiently knowledgeable so as to be a positive influence on all riders.
Coach Licensure: Both the Annual Summit and Clinics include the required PDUs for Level 2 License. Details of the various levels of licensure can be found HERE.
Prerequisite Training: Required training to be completed before the Coach Summit
Access via NICA Pit Zone Coach registration system:
- NICA Student-Athlete Coaching Philosophy – Annual Requirement,
- NICA Coach Risk Management Webinars and Test – Annual Requirement
- Concussion Training National Federation of High School Sports – Annual Requirement
- CO League Rulebook
On-the-Bike 101 Skills Training (OTB 101): Learn the Skills to Teach the Skills with Colorado League NICA certified Skill Trainers. Coaches will learn the progressive steps needed to teach anyone (even yourself) foundational mountain biking skills. You will learn experiential teaching techniques, how to accommodate different learning styles, and how to create a positive learning environment for young riders. Most of this workshop is experiential and on the bike, so please bring your bike, water bottle and appropriate riding and safety gear for the weather.
APRIL 18, 2020 – Level 2 Coach Clinic, Fort Collins
This 1-Day clinic covers Risk Management, Managing a Team Practice, Colorado League rulebook and OTB Skills 101.
Limit: 3 Coaches per team, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on wait list.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Conference materials
Registration closes April 14th
MAY 1-3, 2020 – ANNUAL SPRING COACH SUMMIT, EAGLE
- Friday evening dinner, roundtable discussion
- Breakfast and lunch each day and conference materials
- 2-days: $175 Saturday and Sunday, all welcome Friday evening
- 1-day only: $100 choose Saturday OR Sunday
- Half day: $55 choose AM or PM on Saturday or Sunday,
- Sunday 1-Day registration includes education requirements for a Level 2 License: OTB 101 and 3 contiinuing education units.
- CPR/CPR Recert: $15 certification card, education FREE
- WFA Recertification: $45 certification card, education FREE for those with 16-hr WFA certification that expired in 2019 or will expire in 2020
All CPR, First Aid, and recertification education expenses are generously provided by the 2nd Chance Fund established by Mountain Island Construction
LIMIT: 3 coaches per team for Sunday OTB 101 Skills
Email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.
REGISTRATION Coming Soon!
Registration closes April 24th
EAGLE, CO Lodging, Camping, Area Information
20% Off Rack Rates at lodging partner GreenTree Inn HERE.
Other local lodging options can be found HERE.