2017 RACE SCHEDULE
CLOUD CITY CHALLENGE, LEADVILLE - SOUTH
Sunday, September 10, Colorado Mountain College, Leadville
CALL UP LIST: SOUTH
MAP | FLYER | RACE REPORT | PHOTOS
SHOWDOWN IN THE BOAT, STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - NORTH
Sunday, September 10, Emerald Mountain, Steamboat Springs
CALL UP LIST: NORTH
$65 CO League/NICA Rider Membership Fee*
*Applies whether a rider wishes to race or not.
$60 Entry Per Race, $10 race plate replacement fee
$240 Total for 4-Race Series
$60 Entry for State Championship*
*Must qualify for this event. No onsite registration available.
Rider membership and race entry fees are non-refundable, but race entry fees are transferable within the current season.
COLORADO LEAGUE REFUND POLICY & WEATHER GUIDELINES
Rider membership and race entry fees are NOT refundable. Race entry fees are transferable within the current year series. Race registration is only available online, through the Pit Zone registration system.
Registration deadline is Monday at 11:59 PM the week of the race. No onsite registration for State Championships. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a race entry transfer.
Below are the guidelines for how the League will conduct races and events if weather or other situations arise that interfere with risk management policies.
Our primary considerations are the safety of riders, support staff and spectators, and potential damage to the venue and trails. Any decisions regarding canceling, postponing or altering race start times, lap lengths, number of laps, etc. will be made jointly by the league director, chief referee and the land manager. Often this decision cannot be made until the morning of the race due to the unpredictable and rapidly changing nature of severe weather.
The league will make every attempt to notify the racing population as soon as possible via website updates and social media.
- Races are held on their scheduled dates unless the race course on the day of the race is deemed unrideable and dangerous.
- The League will have the option to alter the start of a race from its published times if the weather has created dangerous conditions.
- Courses and/or lap lengths may be altered or shortened due to weather conditions. Last minute changes will be broadcast to riders at the start of each wave via the race announcer. If conditions require a change in number of laps during a race, a person will be stationed at the lap line advising riders of the change.
- All racing will stop immediately in the presence of dangerous circumstances, as signified by the chief referee, race director and/or EMS staff. Racingmay continue once the league director, chief referee and the head timer have conferred.
- Re-starting a race that has been stopped:
- Depends on schedule and number of laps completed, the race may be declared over;
- If time permits, racers will be able to resume laps beginning from the lap line.
- Communication of delays, changes in start time, courses, etc. will be made by the league as follows:
- On the league website prior to the race day, if possible;
- Via social media;
- Over the public address system on the race day.
- The league will not refund pre-registration fees due to inclement weather.
- The league does not allow registration transfers to subsequent races due to inclement weather.
Contact League Director Kate Rau.